Want to put a cute twist to your reception? Creating sentimental table cards is a perfect way. Who said that your tables had to be numbers? These 6 table name themed ideas are a great way to celebrate and show off the cute stories of the couple’s relationship.
1. Childhood Pictures- Gather up some childhood pics of you and your guy for this cute table number idea. You can have the table number be the same as the age of the couple in the pictures.
2. Music/Record Lovers- Get your reception rocking and rolling with music themed table tags. You can name the tables by bands names or concerts and have the display for a record and concert ticket.
3. Jet Setters- Been to some cool places? Have your favorite places you and your other half has traveled together as your reception table names. Include pictures, place names or even postcards of places you’ve been to make it more personal, especially if you’re planning a bit of a travel themed wedding bash.
4. Movie Buffs- Name your tables after your favorite films (or after your favorite TV shows either!). You could pick the movies that you and your guy have seen together. If you want to jazz them up you could even include fun iconic images from the films.
5. Scrabble Pieces- You do not have to be a scrabble lover to incorporate this cute idea into your reception. You can spell out numbers, names, songs, whatever you want.
6. Favorite Memories/Milestones- This idea is similar to a regular table number card but with more sentimental value behind it. Give each number a meaning significant to their story such as a special date, event or even random fact. It’s a great way to share interesting facts with your guests.
Numbering your tables can be more fun than you think!
A new twist on elementary school valentines!
- Start buying the miniature mailboxes they sell in February for kids’ valentines.
-or get them on amazon.com for about $10 each
- Label each of them with your table numbers.
- At the reception, leave slips of paper (and envelopes if you want) at each table with pens and markers.
- Ask guests to write messages to the bride and groom and place them in the mailboxes.
- Designate one person to collect all the mailboxes at the end of the night and take them to the couple’s home while they are on their honeymoon.
What’s better than returning home to dozens (even hundreds) of love notes?
These make great keepsakes, too!
If you don’t have too many tables this is a great option!
- Corresponding to each number include a short story about you and your partner’s adventures together up until your wedding day.
-For example, table #1 would be a how you met, #2 would be your first date, and so on.
- Type up the numbers and the stories on nice paper, print them out, and frame them.
- Get creative:
-they don’t all need to look the same as long as they match the colors/theme of the wedding
-include pictures with some of them
-place the print outs in frames on the tables (frames can easily be painted to match the color scheme)
Mixing and matching frames on a table gives the look more texture and depth!
You really can use them for everything.
- Cut the numbers 0-9 out of a piece of sturdy paper or flexible cardboard (so that it will wrap around the jar)
- Place the stencil around the jar and paint (make sure your paint is compatible with a glass surface) the number onto the mason jar.
- Mix it up:
-use chalk paint
-put a candle inside for a nice glow
Leave chalk on the tables and let guests add their own messages!